Connecticut, June 2014 – Katie Niekrash, Senior Managing Director of Tandym Group’s Healthcare division was featured as a guest on Fox Connecticut Morning News.
During the segment, which was hosted by Logan Byrnes, Katie commented on the trend towards mobile job seeking, discussing benefits and best practices of the mobile job search. “Applying to jobs through a mobile device not only expedites the hiring process, but also allows job seekers to demonstrate to employers that they are tech savvy,” said Katie. “If you see an email alert or a job opportunity on your phone, rather than waiting until you get home to apply, you can apply right then and there.”
In order for job seekers to take advantage of this trend towards mobile job seeking, Katie suggests:
- Streamlining the format of your resume: To reduce the file size and ensure you don’t run into any formatting issues, make sure you streamline your content into an easy to copy and paste MS Word document.
- Saving a copy of your resume to your email: This will ensure you can access it at a moment’s notice.
- Downloading mobile job search apps: Mobile apps such as LinkedIn will help you stay well-informed of the most recent job postings.
- Signing up for mobile job alerts: You can tailor your alerts based on keywords that are relevant to you, so that you only receive emails about jobs that fit your criteria.
- Syncing your email to your mobile device: Receiving job alerts and emails from hiring managers directly to your phone will not only make it much easier for you to stay up-to-date on opportunities, but also keep track of your pending applications.
You can view the segment by clicking, here.