Getting Started:
How can Tandym Health help me find employment?

Tandym Health, a division of Tandym Group, will assist you in the licensing process, obtaining your visa/green card, and finding the right job for you. Our International Healthcare division is made up of experienced immigration attorneys, credentialing/licensing specialists, and seasoned staffing professionals – all of whom will help you to get the required licenses and authorizations for employment in the U.S. We will assist in all necessary steps, including your Visa Screen and your state license application. With the assistance of our immigration attorney, we will sponsor you for a work visa or a green card to work in the U.S.

What types of assignments are available?

Our clients include schools, clinics, nursing homes, hospitals and pediatric and adult rehab centers throughout the New York City metro area. For Canadian RNs applying to our travel nursing program, there are jobs throughout the United States and assignments will generally be 13 weeks in length.

Our Process & Opportunities:
How long does the process take?

Licensing and credentialing times vary depending on your status when you apply to Tandym. If you have not yet begun the credentialing process, it may take anywhere between 6-12 months to obtain the necessary credentialing and licensure approvals for your visa. For green card approvals, the priority date for your country will also impact the timeline and could push it to over 1 year. We will do our best to assist you and ensure your process goes as quickly as possible.

Does Tandym Health assist with finding housing?

We will assist you in finding housing accommodations by providing you with various websites to complement your search for a house or apartment. We will visit any apartments you are interested in and can meet with potential landlords prior to your arrival within the NYC metro area only. We will also provide you with letters of employment to verify your work status with us.

Exams, Assignments & Costs:
What are the costs associated with working with Tandym Health?

All sponsored candidates will cover the initial costs related to their credentialing process. RNs applying for a green card will also cover the initial cost of filing. Reimbursements for these costs will be outlined in your offer letter.

Where can I take the NCLEX Exam?

The exam is administered in various locations worldwide. For more information on the exam, including locations, fees, and schedules, please visit:

What is a Visa Screen Certificate (VSC)?

U.S. immigration law requires that certain foreign healthcare workers, including Registered Nurses, obtain a foreign healthcare certificate. This is commonly referred to as a “visa screen.” Currently, there is only one accredited agency authorized to issue these certificates for RNs: CGFNS. The purpose of the immigration requirement is to verify that foreign healthcare workers possess the necessary education and English fluency.

Compensation & Benefits:
Will I receive any vacation or time off?

You will receive a reasonable amount of vacation time as well as wellness days.

Do you provide benefits?

As an employee of Tandym Group, you will be eligible to participate in the firm’s benefits program. Currently, our benefits package includes: major medical, hospitalization, long-term disability, vision and dental. After 1 year, all employees are eligible to enroll in our 401k plan. Medical benefits begin on your first day of clinical employment, while dental and vision benefits begin 90 days after the first day of clinical employment.

Will I be able to take classes or continuing education while working in the United States?

We offer multiple continuing education events throughout the year of your choice. We also offer a number of in-house training opportunities presented by our staff. We highly encourage sponsored nurses to attend continuing education events.

How much will I be taxed?

Your tax rate will depend on your marital status and number of dependents. You can learn more about tax rates at

Can my family come to the U.S. with me?

Yes, your spouse and dependent children under the age of 21 can accompany you to the U.S. and will receive visa status permitting them to live in the U.S. If you receive a green card, your family will have the opportunity to apply for work authorization.

What if I am not happy with my assignment?

We will always attempt to find the right fit for you based on your professional background and preferences. If necessary, we will do our best to change your worksite.